Wednesday 2 April 2014

Catch up time!!

 

Last week was a good week for Hey Hey Crochet! with two teaching parties. It was a lot of fun and great to see everyone getting to grips with a little crochet creation.  I love watching everyone pick out the colours they are going to use - a great bit of inspiration for me as I see colours together that I may not have considered...
 
 
With two crochet teaching parties under my belt last week, I thought I might be due a rest this week... but no! My two boys have come down with chicken pox on a truly impressive scale - I've never seen so many spots or two such miserable boys :( !!!
 
On the plus side, apart from dropping my daughter at preschool we've been stuck indoors, so I've been finishing one of my WIPs and attempting to catch up on some other crochet projects that have been staring at me for quite a while!
 
Here's one that I thought wouldn't take too long but with Hey Hey Crochet finding its' feet  it has actually taken me about a month to complete... my super cosy scarf! Just in time for the warmer weather I realise! Maybe, I'm just a step ahead of next winter...

 
I used a beautiful yarn that changes shade as it goes so it has given the scarf a lovely raspberry sorbet type feel to it - do you know, I may begin to refer to it as my 'raspberry' scarf. I wouldn't normally be a tassel person but this time I think they work great. Plus they give it a little more length for very little effort!
And just in case you are wondering, yes that's me proudly demonstrating the correct way to wear my 'raspberry'!!! Love it...
 
Now on to the next projects - a cushion for my brother and sister-in-laws nursery (first baby due so cushion needs to be just right), I fancied making some small purses with zips - an easy project but I've never sewn a zip in before so that will be a learning curve, and some beautifully bright placemats and coasters for our dining table - need new crockery first though so I've got a bit of time before I can do that! Phew!
 
Until next time - happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment