Monday 20 June 2016

Girlie blanket time!

Loved, loved, loved making this blanket for my pink loving daughter! 
I can't claim the pattern. That came from the Simply Crochet blanket edit Mega Mandala by Hannah Cross.
I did however, change some of the pattern as I went along mainly because I was using different yarn to the pattern so some of the instructions didn't work as well as they should have and caused the blanket to ruffle up a little. What did I do? Get annoyed - obviously! And then undo the part I had done and rethink the round of stitches. 
How did I start?
Consulting my daughter of course!
I was desperate to use the Mega Mandala pattern as I loved the idea of a mahoosive round blanket so that was non-negotiable, but the colours were entirely down to her. 
I've taken to planning my new projects in a pretty notebook that my husband gave me for my birthday and I'm finding it really inspirational. 
So as you can see, I used Caron Simply Soft, Caron Simply Soft Party and Caron Simply Soft Light yarn. The colour of the yarns is so vibrant that the blanket really does look like a fire ball. 
Some of these images don't do the colour justice. 
It really is rich.
In total the blanket covers a double bed.
I gave it a pretty picot edging.
I just love this blanket and fortunately so does my daughter. 
If I was to do anything different I would not have used the Caron Simply Soft Light yarn. I only used two colours in this yarn but it's quite thin and it unfortunately fell where the stitches left gaps so I feel that there are weaknesses there. It's only really noticeable to me but you know how it is? You are always your own worst critic! 
Overall, this blanket is beautiful and very cosy. A true family favourite already. 

Hope you've got a lovely blanket on the go or in your head waiting to be released.

Until next time, happy crocheting! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment