Wednesday 7 May 2014

A slight hiccup!

Well, last week didn't go quite according to plan! Last Wednesday's crochet party that I had been particularly excited about - remember the placemats!! - well, I had to cancel last minute as my eldest son decided that I'd have far more fun at the local Accident and Emergency getting his head glued where he'd cracked it open on the window sill after an altercation with his brother!! Boys eh?!!
 
So, the placemats are to be rearranged - I'll fill you in on those another time then.
 
Last Friday was much better though, no trip to A and E so a successful crochet party instead...

 
Very productive ladies. Well done everyone. I still get a fantastic buzz from everyone's creations over the course of the evening.
 
What with the cancelled party and the Bank Holiday weekend I managed to catch up on some of my WIPs! Yay :)
 
My crochet handbag -

 
 
The picture doesn't quite reflect it, but it is a shoulder bag and is only awaiting a fabulous lining, (check out the picture below!) and some lovely dry consistent weather in order to show it off! Sorry about it being on it's side - I could blame the camera but actually that is entirely operator handling error, ie me! 

 
The colour of that lining is amazing. It's a definite bag to shout 'Hello, look at me!'

Then I was able to begin work on my long awaited top. It has taken me ages to find the right yarn for this project but I love this one. I'm using King Cole Bamboo Cotton shade 527, a sort of petrol colour. I bought a vintage pattern from an etsy site and this is it so far...

 
It will eventually be a beautiful tunic with short sleeves. something for us all to look forward to over the next couple of weeks!

 
Well, short but sweet this time I'm afraid, I have a little person expecting to be collected from Pre-School in about 13 minutes EEK! Gotta run.....
 
Happy crocheting xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment