Thursday 12 June 2014

Just don't mention the top!! Pleeeeease...

So, the top is still waiting. I know. It's next on my list. Promise!
 
The bag looks good though, even if I do say so myself. I rather like it! First outing today - first complement today. Yay :).
 
See what you think -
 
I used the inner material colours to choose my yarn and then I used Rico Creative Cotton in Ecru 60, Cardinal 11, Clay 51, Tangerine 76, Fuchsia 13 and Bright Turquoise 37.
 
 
I altered the pattern on each side so one side started and ended with the Ecru and the other with the Clay. Then I used the Clay to make the long shoulder strap as I felt it would be more durable than the Ecru colour-wise. The strap is super long, worked in three rows of trebles, so that it can be an across body bag or a shoulder bag with a fashionable knot tied in it - or so I am telling myself about the 'fashionable' bit!
 

 
 
I even had time and material for a little internal pocket! Oooh, get me showing off! All-in-all a fab bag for the lovely Summer weather we are currently enjoying.
 
 
Have a go yourself. It is only a simple Granny Square with a strap attached and a lining! Go on you can do it. Would love to see your pictures if you do...
 
Until next time - with crochet top completion I promise!
Happy crocheting x
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment