Sunday 20 July 2014

Granny Square Delight! (6)

I'm feeling pretty smug today as I have a lot of things to Blog about - am going to Blog about them separately as I feel that they all deserve their own place in Lovely Land.

So, the first one - my latest Granny Square!
Ta-da!!...
 
My husband chose this design and picked out the choice of colours. I'm liking it a lot and not just for the afore mentioned reasons!

My Granny Square blanket must be coming on a treat now. Am feeling more and more confident that it will be a fairly decent size by December. Oooooo, how exciting!

Someone recently Facebook-ed an image taken in Norway (I think it was) of the steps of a Cathedral completely lined with Granny Square blankets. It was amazing. Yarn bombing at its best and greatest visual accomplishment. I wanted to reach into the photograph and run my hands over the yarn, they all looked so soft and inviting. Apparently, the plan is to donate them to charity once they've finished being incredible on the steps of the Cathedral. Aren't people the world over incredibly creative and kind?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment