Thursday 4 December 2014

Sorry everyone, I have sinned...

It's been too long to mention since my last blog post. Sorry sorry sorry. 

Life in my crochet world has been pretty bonkers lately. 

My stash of Christmas baubles and snowflakes have been selling as fast as I can make them and sometimes even faster than that! I experimented with the style on the round baubles and came up with a Scandinavian themed one which was very popular. 

I went a bit silly with one and dug out my highly favoured Pom Pom maker - 
A hit with the girls and something rather silly but fun for the tree! 

I discovered a stash of pearl style coloured beads and jazzed up a Christmas tree with them. 
Love the shiny nature of these beads. 

I got myself a lovely white display tree from Hobbycraft
This was a marvellous addition to my craft stall at St Saviours Infants Christmas  Fair (and will be a big favourite of mine as it becomes my Easter tree, Christmas tree, Summer tree - is there such a thing?? Should there be?? Can I start one?? What shall I hang on it?? Mmmm)
The tree really helped to show off my Christmas decorations to their full potential. 

I hadn't realised until I got there and began organising all my crochet goodies just how much loveliness I had actually made. Take a look for yourselves 

Did you spot my jolly bunting?? Did it make you smile? Did it? Does me! 

It was a great day and one of Hey Hey Crochet!'s best ever. 
Since then more orders have been coming in thick and fast. 

In addition I completed my Year 1 and 2 Crochet Club for this year and this was the results...
An amazing bunch of Father Christmases! Had such fun with the kids making these. Loom bands have definitely got a lot to answer for as the kids picked up the crochet technique really quickly.

I've also collected some bargain baubles to be creative with! May have time this year, (ha ha!!) if not look out next year for something a little funky for your tree!!
Oops! There's my foot!! 

Finally, a brooch that was ordered. Didn't have any left in stock that were the right colour so had to get creative with my yarn and buttons!! 
Love the vibrancy of this!

So, despite being rushed off my feet and pulling some VERY late nights to get everything completed (still working on the 'getting it all completed' side of it!), I still love love love crochet!!

Hope you do too. 
Til next time,
Happy crocheting x

No comments:

Post a Comment