Sunday 21 September 2014

Handmade Fair Fun and Crafty Frollicks!!

Wow what a day! 
Kirsty Alsopp's Handmade Fair at Hampton Court Palace. 
I went to the opening day on Friday and frankly it was brilliant. I was so excited I was almost sick!! 
Me at The Palace!! Yes, I was really there! 
And if you look really carefully in the next picture you'll see Kirsty herself opening the day...
I know I know, I was quite near the front and had queued for a little while to get in but boy what a day!! Well worth it.
Soooo excited! She's like the crafters queen and what I found quite entertaining is the amount of people attending the day wearing a tunic and leggings (me included!) almost as if crafters have a uniform 😀!! Very funny! 
So, my day ticket consisted of one grand make where everyone could have a go at making one of two things. I did Pom Pom making and I can't remember what the other option was as I didn't pick it so didn't need to remember it!! 
What do you think? 
Nothing special I hear you say, and yes I'd agree, only... we used this really mega little tool that made Pom Pom making soooo quick and simple with none of that cardboard ring malarkey!! 
Here it is - 
Wowzers! Can't really explain how it works as I think it's a demonstrating kind of thing really but it was amazing so I got me one!! Pom Pom bonkers I'm going to go 😉
After Pom Pom making I went to the felting workshop to create a Christmas decoration. The idea was to make a robin but frankly the colours on the table were a little too exciting for me and ta da...
My robin became very pink! I love it!! 
Soooo, yep you got it, off I went to the mahoosive shopping tents and got me a felting starter kit because I was just too excited not to!! 
Now my house can become a Pom Pom felted haven of colour! 
What next...
Mmm, a little mosie around Hampton Court Palace as I just lurve that place with a passion. I fell in love with history here many years ago when my Dad took me on a visit. I couldn't believe that I was walking in the exact same place that Henry VIII had done all those centuries before. 
Then back to the Fair to enjoy the shopping experience a little more - oops bought some yarn this time and a lovely pair of scissors. 
Next I saw Kirsty in conversation with Cath Kidston. This was fascinating, especially as Cath Kidston is so well known but I doubt many, if any, of us could put a face to her name. And my photo won't help there as I was sat at the side, so I got Kirsty face on most of the time and the back or side only of Cath's face... See for yourself -
I've put this one on my blog as although I took a few, none of them show Cath's  face and this one makes me smile as Kirsty has jazz hands! Hee hee 😀. 
Before I returned to the shopping tents to make sure that I had all the essentials that my crafty life had never realised it needed, I got myself a drink and a rather scrummy ice cream. Even the food and drink places were fabulous little retro caravans and old 50s vintage vans. Have just realised how much I should have photographed them too, not just everything I made!! Oh well, can't remember to do everything. 
Last purchase, a DIY button necklace kit. This I made the minute I got back to my cousins house where I was staying. 
Bit of an odd selfie there but you get the idea. I love this necklace and am now considering how many people I know who would appreciate a button necklace or bracelet for Christmas. 
Then it was time for home 😞 boo! 
I can even now feel the low from knowing all the months of waiting and the days of counting down were over. Please do one next year, Kirsty! I want to go again and have a go at all the other workshops that I didn't have time for. 
It was the best craft day EVER! Can't rate it enough. 
Now back to my crochet projects and teaching. Still got that duvet up-cycling to finish, really must get that done, will be nice to have some homemade prettiness keeping us warm this winter. 
Ah, well, til next time,
Happy crocheting
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment