Sunday 7 September 2014

Poterific!

One pot completed for the enigmatic Mrs C.
Sorry, I took this photo in apparently very poor lighting last night before giving it to her and didn't actually realise it until just now. 
The enigmatic Mrs C gave me no remit except 'a pot!!' So I chose the colours and thought I'd attempt a square shape using one of my blanket granny square designs for the base, then working in the front loops only of the last round I worked up the sides.
 I blocked this item with some spritzing of water and then left a suitable size box inside to help encourage it to hold it's shape.
Worked quite well I think. 
It did have bottom strength issues may I say. With a bit of technical thinking and a joint discussion with my husband and the enigmatic Mrs C, we came up with the idea of a cardboard base to reinforce it. So, I cut a square out of some firm cardboard and made another crochet base. Then using the remaining outside loops of the last round of the base I attached the second bottom with a double crochet stitch and slid the cardboard between. It was actually much firmer than I thought it might be. 

Quite chuffed with myself really. The enigmatic Mrs C seemed pleased too. 

Now on to other projects, although I do wish my mind would slow down! I leapt out of bed after midnight last night to draw a design that suddenly came to me!! Hadn't been in bed very long, but even so, really?!

Til next time,
Happy crocheting x

No comments:

Post a Comment